MY Business Incubator™ CYBER SECURITY Training & Mentoring Project will provide increased access to reliable cyber security advice to over 1,250 sole traders, micro, small and medium businesses across Australia.
The project will be delivered by the Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc. (BBEC), who will partner with the Textile Clothing Footwear Resource Centre of WA Inc. (TCF Australia), Australian Federation Business & Professional Women WA Division (BPW) and Fortix for this 12 month national CYBER SECURITY Training & Mentoring Project.
Carol Hanlon (CEO of BBEC) said, “Small business owners and management being time poor, often ‘juggling’ many tasks in a day, will greatly benefit from free access to cybersecurity support provided across a range of delivery methods that includes: face/face, online, webinars, workshops, forums, mentoring, helpline, case studies Q&As online and experts sharing tips in an eBook that can be shared with participants and circulated widely.”
The primary source of expert information will be the Australian Cyber Security Centre.
“Often small businesses and management do not often have access to cyber security expertise until they have a specific problem and often seek solutions to problems reactively; a position which is disruptive and expensive” Ms Hanlon said.
MY Business Incubator™ CYBER SECURITY Training & Mentoring Project will provide access to:
• HELPLINE: assisting 200 micro and SMEs (M/SME), delivered nationally, online, by phone, face-to-face and email.
• MENTORING: assisting 400 M/SME. Delivered nationally through online, phone, face-to-face and by email. Mentors allocated according to cyber security issues of participant business.
• FORUMS: ‘Ask an Expert’ Q&A sessions covering 10 cyber security topics. Assisting 200 M/SMEs, delivered nationally face-to-face.
• FORUMS ONLINE: Case Studies & Q&A sessions on cyber security delivered nationally on-line.
• WEBINARS ONLINE: Live or on-demand covering 10 cyber security topics assisting 150 M/SME businesses, delivered nationally LIVE or on-demand.
• WORKSHOPS: assisting 100 M/SME businesses delivered face-to-face nationally by cyber security and IT practitioners.
• eBOOK: 1001 Business Tips from 101 Cyber-security IT Experts provides ease of access to information about cyber security and IT practitioners sharing their experience and provide easy to understand instructions and tips to keep out and overcome security breaches, scams and other challenges.
• DIGITAL BUSINESS PORTAL: participants gain access to a small business portal of specialist cyber security resources and support for micro/small business.
Any businesses who would like to register and get involved in the free expert specialist services available through MY Business Incubator™ CYBER SECURITY Training & Mentoring Project can register at www.mybusinessincubator.com.au
For more information, contact [email protected] or www.belmontbec.com
This project is funded by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources through the Cyber Security Business Connect and Protect Program.
My Business Incubator Cyber Security
Belmont BEC | BEC Global (Belmont Business Enterprise Centre Inc.) is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation, that was established, in 1994; providing training, mentoring and networking support services, having assisted over 28,000 individuals in Australia to start or improve their small business and is also a specialist in virtual business incubation.
TCFWA | TCF Australia | TCF Global is a not-for-profit community organisation established in 1998, assisting over 6,000 designers and fashion industry small businesses with fashion business skill development, linkages in the global supply chain, International trade, and industry networks. www.tcfwa.com www.tcfaustralia.com www.tcfglobal.com www.myfashionincubator.com
Australian Federation of Business & Professional Women (Western Australian Division) Incorporated, (BPW) is a not-for-profit association that is part of the International Federation of Business & Professional Women with a 90year history in advocating for women’s empowerment, gender equity and leadership across 5 continents in over 100 countries with General Consultative Status at ECOSOC, United Nations. www.bpw.com.au/wa www.bpw.com.au www.bpw-international.org
Fortix is an organisation that provides business advisory services in digital business CRM management and integrated online cloud-based business management services. Since 2004 Fortix has been empowering local and national businesses with personalised business management systems. www.fortix.com.au
Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) provides a range of resources and guides designed for small businesses to understand, take action, and increase their cyber security resilience against ever-evolving cyber security threats. The language is clear, the actions are simple, and the guidance is tailored for small businesses. www.cyber.gov.au
P: 08 9479 3777