Strengthening their existing COVID-19 PCR Rapid test, Clinpath Pathology have expanded COVID-19 PCR testing capabilities at the Mile End laboratory, to ensure they can support the state and community for years to come.
From Wednesday 13 May 2020, Clinpath Pathology are able to provide a full suite of COVID-19 PCR testing capabilities and an array of COVID-19 collection services to medical practitioners, patients, staff and colleagues. This supports efforts to keep the community safe and strengthen our states overall testing options.
Clinpath Pathology provide COVID-19 PCR testing in line with the Centre for Diseases Control (CDC), a branch of SA Health, and have followed their recommendations.
Led by Infectious Diseases Laboratory Director, Dr Jhumur Roy said, “Our molecular biology laboratory has undergone extensive refurbishment works within our main laboratory at Mile End to expand our molecular capabilities. This extension, along with our intense validation process, ensure Clinpath can support the state and community for years to come. With the patient our primary focus, Clinpath will continue to offer a full respiratory panel, with 11 targets, in addition to the COVID-19 PCR test. "
This service supports the “maintaining health” philosophy and works with encouraging everyone to keep up with their regular tests and health management.
Dr Fergus Whitehead, Clinpath CEO said, “With the many issues facing the medical profession associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, Clinpath recognizes that, as a major pathology practice, we have an important role to play in supporting medical practitioners and their patients, as much as the community at large in South Australia. We have been an integral part of the community fabric for over 25 years. This next investment in our state is a direct commitment to this fact.”
Clinpath’s COVID-19 Service:
- We will perform COVID-19 PCR testing at our Mile End Laboratory, with results within 24 hours.
- We will continue RAPID COVID-19 PCR testing for high-risk patients and priority Aged Care resident and staff.
- We will offer COVID-19 collection, inclusive of an 11 panel respiratory testing.
- We will open Clinpath’s Mile End drive through service, connected to our main laboratory, from Wednesday 13 May 2020, with bookings accepted online or via phone.
- We will continue mobile domiciliary services, inclusive of COVD-19 collections to patients within the safety and comfort of their own home, during the hours of 7am-5pm, M-F.
Clinpath collection staff follow strict COVID-19 PPE standards when conducting any testing, ensuring the safety of patient and staff.
Clinpath Pathology is a highly respected, well established private pathology practice, providing laboratory services to general practitioners, specialists, private hospitals, and aged care facilities in Adelaide, South Australia.